A veggie wreath is a fun twist on a simple vegetable tray for the holiday season. It’s cute, healthy and easy. Kids can help put it together, plus it can double as a beautiful centerpiece!
vegan + gluten-free
makes one wreath
2 bunches curly kale
1-2 heads broccoli
1 summer squash
1-2 heirloom carrots, purple
15 cherry tomatoes
15 olives, pitted
2 cups dip
Large round tray
small round bowl
36″ fabric ribbon
Easy Veggie Wreath, Step By Step Instructions:
- Find a large round tray on which to assemble the wreath.
- Wash the kale and other produce. I used broccoli, summer squash, heirloom carrots, cherry tomatoes and olives (tomatoes and olives are technically fruits, however since they are savory we are calling them “veggies” for today).
- Break or cut the brocolli into bite-size pieces, slice the squash into rounds and use a peeler to make the carrot ribbons.
- Place your favorite dip, try my artichoke and green peppercorn dip, in a round bowl in the center of the tray.
- Next, line the edge with the prettiest and curliest pieces of kale.
- Then, line the bottom of the tray with the rest of the kale.
- Nestle in the bite-size broccoli pieces, and then place the rest of the produce in a random pattern.
- The fabric ribbon goes on last, tie a bow and simply lay it on the veggie wreath at the top center.